Friday, October 16, 2009

Christmas Cards: Simple Step to Make Addressing Easier

Christmas is coming, have you heard? Don't know about you, but my jaw has dropped a time or two upon walking into a store to see Christmas decorations already. One store had a rack of sparkly red, silver, gold, and fat Santas next to a rack of pumpkins, witches, and weird moving skeleton hand things that freak me out anytime I walk by.

I started running a special on Christmas cards this week. I've had a handful of takers already - I love giving people a great deal on a unique and different Christmas card. This got me thinking about how I can make things easier for you when it comes to your mailing list so I thought I'd share what I do. I learned from my mom, who has the world's largest collection of organizational books. You don't need to buy a book for this one, just use your computer.

I have a spreadsheet with a separate tab for each year with everyone's addresses on it. I don't like to remove names from my list, but adding names is fun. I like to be able to see who is new each year which is why I do a new tab each year. If I hear that someone moves throughout the year I update my current year tab so I don't have to search emails or my phone's database or my email database to find it when it's Christmastime.

Really, it's simple when you think about it. I'm guessing many of you do this, too. I think my list this year is hovering around 95.

How big is your list?


Jean
BuddyBoo Stationery

No comments: